Control of the HCI Ecosystem
Z-IMPACT controls their entire hardware and software stacks of their HCI appliances effectively handling the impact of a data center’s overall effects within the ecosystem (appliance hardware and software) on sizing each workloads footprint, power requirements and supportive personnel.
This all has an effect on the natural environment, Z-IMPACT has focus on a “total solution” that’s laser focused on the industry as a whole and will have cause-and-effect that ripples through this whole market that reduces the requirements of supporting local power plants and ultimately the carbon footprint output on our world.
Minimize Environmental Impact
It all comes down to minimizing the environmental impact and infrastructure agility,space, power, cooling and the challenges of efficiency without impacting operations. Reduced and better power usage efficiency (PUE) means less carbon footprint. This is mandatory and is a major part of the journey of resiliency, density and effectiveness. Today’s Data Center solutions have been outpaced by the expansion of the Digital Economy and continually spiral the impact to the environments carbon footprint.
Key Factors of the Environment
Z-IMPACT addresses the key factors of the environment (land, space, energy) and data center performance within their ecosystem – this allows disruptive changes to the data center.
This includes insights on segmentation by…
- Electrical infrastructure (UPS systems, generators, transfer switches & switchgear, rack PDU, and other electrical infrastructure)
- Extending to power plant requirements to service the data center
- Mechanical infrastructure (cooling systems, rack, and other infrastructure),
- IT infrastructure (server, storage, and network)
- Tier standard availability [Tier 1 (99.671%), Tier 2 (99.741%), Tier 3 (99.982%), and Tier 4 (99.995%)],
- General construction (building development, installation and commissioning services, building design, physical security, and DCIM)
- Land acquisition and management
- Geographic location restrictions (North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, and MEA).